#1 New York Times Bestseller!
Is America a source of pride, as Americans have long held, or shame, as Progressives allege? Beneath an innocent exterior, are our lives complicit in a national project of theft, expropriation, oppression, and murder, or is America still the hope of the world?
New York Times bestselling author Dinesh D’Souza says these questions are no mere academic exercise. It is the Progressive view that is taught in our schools, that is preached by Hollywood, and that shapes the policies of the Obama administration. If America is a force for inequality and injustice in the world, its power deserves to be diminished; if traditional America is based on oppression and theft, then traditional America must be reformed—and the federal government can do the reforming.
D'Souza, an Indian immigrant to this country, and proud American citizen, fears for America's future. He loves this country and fears that unless the Progressives' anti-American arguments are met forcibly and on their own terms, America will cease to be the beacon of freedom and hope that it always has been.
In America: Imagine a World without Her D’Souza offers a passionate and sharply reasoned defense of America, knocking down every important accusation made by Progressives against our country.
In this book, you'll learn:
- Why it is a pernicious myth that English colonists "stole" America from the Indians or that American settlers and soldiers "stole" the southwest from Mexico
- Why the descendants of slaves—and the successive waves of immigrants to the United States—are better off here than in their old countries
- How America, more than any other country, is based on rewarding the enterprise and hard-work of the common man
- How traditional American virtues sustain prosperity and freedom, and Progressive arguments about "liberation" and "justice" undercut them
- How Progressive demagoguery about "inequality" expands the power of government and its grasp on the taxpayer's wallet
- Why we should fear the Progressive agenda of "reform" which is in fact an agenda of totalitarian control of the state over the individual
- Why national decline is a choice--a choice that it is still not too late to reverse
Provocative in its analysis, stunning in its conclusions, Dinesh D’Souza’s America is a new classic.
About the Author
Dinesh D'Souza is the former president of The King's College in New York City and author of the New York Times bestsellers Obama's America and The Roots of Obama's Rage. He is also a former White House domestic policy analyst and research scholar at the American Enterprise Institute and the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. His other best-selling books include What's So Great About Christianity, What's So Great About America, and Life After Death.
Hardcover, 304 pages.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with your purchase, you may return your order in sellable condition (package well to avoid damage in transit) within 30 days for a refund, minus a 10% restocking fee. Products must be returned in sellable condition within this time period to receive a refund. Products must also be shipped in a trackable manner (with tracking number sent to our Customer Service) to qualify for any refund on items that might be lost in return transit.
- Books must be returned in a box; no envelopes, please.
- Shirts may be returned in a Tyvek envelope.
- Please note that in order to receive a refund, items must be received in sellable, unaltered condition. Postage/shipping fees are not eligible for a refund.
- Products must also be shipped in a trackable manner (with tracking number sent to our Customer Service) to qualify for any refund on items that might be lost in return transit.
Patriot Depot Returns
5000-B McNeel Industrial Blvd
Powder Springs, GA 30127
Packages returned due to "Refused/Refusal" will incur a $10 fee. Store credit may be issued at the discretion of customer service.
Please note: Audio/Visual and Multimedia resources (DVDs, CDs, DVD-Roms) may be returned for exchange only if unopened; opened Audio/Visual or Multimedia resources are not eligible for a refund due to copyright infringement concerns.
We appreciate your understanding and future business. If you have any questions or comments about how we can improve your experience with The Patriot Depot, please feel free let us know below.
All shipping methods (2-Day, 3-Day, Overnight, Ground, Priority, Media, First Class) indicate an in-transit once shipped time-frame. This does not include our stated in-warehouse processing time-frame.
Your method of payment will be charged at the time of submission to ensure your place in line for these limited edition, special order products.
Some products cannot be shipped to international destinations, so please submit a message to us if you would like to discuss international ordering options if your order will not process through our store.
Free shipping offers apply to U.S. addresses only.
Full return and shipping information may be found here.